Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by many different substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic variety is accepted by tiles . It’s manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colours, such floors look magnificent and stylish, and fit with any style of room layout.
Benefits and disadvantages
The massive demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not just by their presentable appearance, but also by a number of benefits. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and organic solid wood, so it’s often employed as the main element for decorating floors.
Among the favorable properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in performance. The coat doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- security in program. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. Products aren’t terrified of alkalis and acids;
- high moisture resistance. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the machine”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which in elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not inferior to floors made of natural wood or stone.
However perfect this material is, it isn’t devoid of downsides.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate can comprise:
- The large price. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is expensive, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of noise insulation.
To date, tile under the laminate is produced of two types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first variant of the coat is acquired from the technologies of monocottura.
This type of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it is made from special varieties of mineral and clay impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burned and pressed under high pressure. The end result is https://1popechi.ru/ a lasting and beautiful ending substance.
The two types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but sometimes square ones are readily available.